PIR foam is a rigid insulation material, produced through the reaction of isocyanate and polyether. It has better fire resistance performance than polyurethane foam. In addition, PIR foam has low thermal conductivity, wide service temperature range, and excellent dimension stability properties. It can be cut into a pipe cover and flat or board easily. ZES PIR foam insulation meets the standards of ASTM C591 and CINI 2.7.01.
Thermal Conductivity at Ambient Temperature
(180 Days Aged )
ASTM D 1621
ASTM D 1623
Flame Spread Index
Water Absorption by Vol
Water Vapor Permeability
Closed Cell Content
Linear Thermal Expansion Coefficient
Chloride and Fluoride Content
Meet the Standard Specification of Thermal Insulation Materials for Use over Austenitic Stainless Steel
It is a kind of ideal organic thermal insulation materials applied at low temperature, result from its low thermal conductivity, lightweight, anti-vibration and compatibility. It is widely used as insulation in oil refinery, chemical, ethylene and fertilizer industries, as well as refrigeration house and LNG systems.
Packing and Storage
(1) Store in a dry, lightproof, shady, and ventilated place, keep away from heat source and protect from sun exposure.
(2) Inner Packing: Polythene bags Outer Packing: Cartons
Application and Cautions
(1) PIR shall be handled gently, avoid rolling, collision and heavy pressure during moving.
(2) When applied to pipe and equipment insulation, PIR shall be fastened with glass fiber tape or steel band.
(3) Cut it with saw during application.