Cellular glass is a kind of new inorganic insulation material with glass as the main raw material, mixed with appropriate amount of foaming agent, foamed by high temperature tunnel kiln, and then processed by annealing and cooling treatment. It has uniform independent closed pore structure.It completely retains the chemical stability of inorganic glass, has low density, low thermal conductivity, no moisture permeability, no water absorption, no combustion, no mildew, no rat biting, high mechanical strength, easy to process and resistant to all chemical attack except hydrofluoric acid.
Properties (Comply with JC/T 647)
Highest Single Value
JC/T 647 Appendix A
Lowest Single Value
JC/T 647 Appendix B
Water Vapor Permeability
GB/T 17146-1997 Dry Method
Water Absorption by Vol
JC/T 647 Appendix C
Linear Thermal Expansion Coefficient
It is mainly applied to the insulation for low temperature/cryogenic pipes, vessels, tanks and equipment. It can also be used in dual temperature system.
Packing and Storage
(1) Carton packing, special packing is available on request.
(2) During shipment, keep cartons tightly closed, keep stacks upright to protect from collision. If necessary, reinforcement can be applied.
(3) Store in weatherproofing, dry and ventilated environment, no more than 6 layers stack is preferred.
Application and Cautions
(1) Cellular Glass is fragile, shall be handled gently, avoid rolling or collision.
(2) Fix cellular glass segments by stainless steel band when applied in pipe/equipment insulation.
(3) Cut it with saw during application.